The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) is a training programme open to all people aged 18 and over enabling participants to deal with potentially violent situations in new and creative ways.
AVP workshops are for the the victims of violence as well as people who have been violent in the past, they can also help those who work with either group. Workshops are non-residential, run by our trained facilitators and experiential (not based on lectures).
- Manage strong feelings such as anger and fear.
- Deal more effectively with risk and danger.
- Build good relationships with other people.
- Communicate well in difficult situations.
- Recognise the skills you already have and learn new ones.
- Be true to yourself while respecting other people.
- Understand why conflict happens.
Book a place on a workshop
Our workshops enable you to deal with potentially violent situations in new and creative ways.
“AVP was to be my turning point. There was no right answer – nor wrong ones. What pleased me more was that other people could see the changes I was making.”
Prison workshop participant
Struggling with handling intense emotions, Karen found AVP workshops helped her a lot. She has now trained as a facilitator.
Give £15 a month
Donate to provide a bursary place for a victim of domestic violence on one of our workshops.